17-18 Performance Report
- School Information
- Highlights for 2017-18
- Plans for 2018-19
- Invitation to Participate
- How District Funds are Invested
- Completed accreditation process with PSESD (Puget Sound Educational Service District) and is fully accredited, with commendations from the board.
- Significantly lowered our out-of-school suspension/expulsion compared with peer schools in the district.
- 83% of seniors continued to some form of college. Highest number ever of Tyee students attending college for years with data, highest percentage ever for students attending a 4-year college for years with data and highest ever rate of financial aid completion (75% of graduating seniors).
- Seniors brought in a combined $136,000 in scholarship money.
- Rich college & career access offerings, including 50 internships, 12 career field trips with 366 students participating and 18 college exploration visits with 548 students participating (including all ninth-grade students).
- Highly attended English Language Learner and Family Nights that provided support and information for families around graduation requirements, immigration resources, summer transition activities, postsecondary and career opportunities and student academic presentations.
- Continue implementation of our 5-year annual action plan. This vision and plan was formed with community, family, staff and student input over the past year.
- Summer planning teams, including student leaders, are meeting to continue planning work for meeting these goals. This includes designing improvements to our advisory program, school culture and shared leadership structures.
- Adding a number of exciting new course offerings, including (but not limited to) creative writing, modern drama and AP Calculus.
- Continue partnership with Puget Sound Consortium for School Innovation to support the school community in envisioning a school environment that meets the learning needs of all students. Read more information about Puget Sound Consortium for School Innovation. Student leaders and interested staff will continue to meet throughout the coming year.
- Collaborate with Tyee alumni booster club to bring new mentors and resources to the campus.
At Highline Public Schools, one of our four pillars in the district's strategic plan is parent and family engagement. In order to reach our strategic plan goals we will form partnerships with parents and families. Families and community members are encouraged to participate in school activities and in educating students in school, at home and in the community.