All Tyee 9th grade students are encouraged to attend the Freshmen Waskowitz experience on September 26-27. Information and paperwork will be going home with each 9th grade student on the first day of school. If you have any questions, please call the main office at 206.631.6400.
Waskowitz Outdoor School offers quality experiential education to students as they transition into high school. These programs help students take control of their educational journeys, as well as develop relationships with their classmates and teachers. The program focuses on building community within each advisory class, helping to create a supportive school climate. Programs are challenge-based and designed around the following:
- The district promise to know every student by name, strength and need
- Natural classroom management
- Peer mentor training opportunities
- Establishment of good character and positive school climate
- Developing a common mindset of excellence and ethics
For the past four years, Waskowitz has been running day programs themed around teambuilding, positive relationships, and the idea of grit.