Is WELS a Good Fit for You?
WELS provides an innovative approach to education for 10th and 11th-grade students. Are you interested in exploring the diversity of people and nature? Are you interested in learning through authentic projects that positively impact the community? Are you excited to lead younger students at Waskowitz? Do you have the courage to grow your capacity as a leader in service to the community? If yes, then WELS might be just the place for you.
The application window is open from October through January for the upcoming school year. Our application has reopened for enrollment through a waitlist if space is available.
The WELS program will have space available. Students who apply via the waitlist will be accepted on a rolling basis. If you have questions, please reach out to Melissa Chance.
We are currently accepting student applications for waitlist purposes. Please apply at the link below.
WELS 2022-23 School Year
For the first semester of the 2022-23 school year, any student who is interested in the WELS program will take their regularly scheduled classes at Tyee. In the second semester, students will be able to take WELS specific classes and an advisory with their WELS teacher in addition to their classes needed to meet graduation requirements.
Admissions Process for 2022-23
Students that are already enrolled at Tyee High School will have priority for being accepted into the WELS program. After those students are accepted, the remaining spots will be available on a lottery system. Remember, if you are currently at a different High School then you will be required to transfer to Tyee full-time.
If you are interested in joining WELS for the 2nd semester of the 2022-23 school year, please contact WELS teacher Melissa Chance at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tyee Assistant Principal Don Miller at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining WELS for the 2023-24 school year, apply below.
During the application window, use our online application portal to complete and submit an application.
Students interested in attending must submit an application during the application window. The application window for all secondary schools of choice closes January 31. Some schools may reopen their application following Spring Break for enrollment through a waitlist if space is available. We strongly encourage students to apply during the application window.
If there are more applicants than seats available, selection of students will be by lottery drawing of applicants, followed by a student and parent conference with administration, school staff and students.
Please carefully read the information in this section to determine if our school is a good fit for you. Your name will be placed in the lottery only if you commit to all requirements and submit any requested documents.
How to Apply Using SchoolMint
- Go to https://highlineschools.schoolmint.net/signin
- Create an account using an email address or mobile phone number. After providing basic guardian and student information, save and/or submit your application.
- If you cannot finish an application in one sitting, click "Save Progress," and resume the application at any time.
- Watch a How to Create an Account video
- See step-by-step directions with screenshots here. (Also available in Spanish and Vietnamese)
- For technical questions about how to submit an application, please contact support by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-957-3535.
2023-24 Application Timeline
- October 4: Application opened
- January 31: Application closed
- February 1: Schools begin reviewing applications
- March 1: Lottery
- March 3: Lottery results posted online
- April 10: Waitlists and applications reopen for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Elementary, Maritime and WELS.
- April 1: Final student date to confirm acceptance
- Applications/waitlists remain open for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Elementary, Maritime.