The WELS program offers opportunities for students to build relationships with self, community, and nature through experiential learning activities, partnering with local environmental organizations, and participating in environmental initiatives. WELS values and supports students in their social emotional learning by having a student-centered approach and fostering an inclusive community.
Our goal is to help students:
- Develop a stewardship mindset for their local and global communities.
- Explore career opportunities in the Environmental and Education sectors.
- Take ownership of their education through the study of how to teach others.
- Identify environmental injustices and inequities for BIPOC and other marginalized communities.
- WELS students have hands-on community-based experiences to deepen their learning.
- WELS students are leaders at Waskowitz on a frequent basis.
- WELS students go on outdoor excursions.